LOD Platform is a highly innovative technological system, unique in the reference market, for the structuring of bibliographic catalogues, organized according to the data model BIBFRAME (Bibliographic framework) and the conversion of data into Linked Open Data (LOD).
The system allows:
- the creation of structured data based on distinct records for Persons and Works entities, as defined by BIBFRAME;
- data enrichment through connections to external projects;
- the bibliographical and authority data conversion, according to the standard model foreseen by the W3C for LOD, RDF (Resource Description Framework), using controlled structured vocabularies and ontologies;
- publication of the dataset in LOD on Triple Store (RDF);
- creation of a portal equipped with navigational tools based on BIBFRAME: Person/Works, Instances (or Publications) and Item
Components of technological architecture
- AUTHIFY, RESTFul module that provides bibliographic search services and full text of external datasets (downloaded, stored and indexed in the system), mainly related to Authority file (VIAF, Library of Congress Name Authority file,…) but also extendable to other types of datasets. AUTHIFY consists of two main parts: a SOLR infrastructure for indexing datasets and related search services, and a logical level that orchestrates these services to find a match within the clusters of defined entities (typically Names and Works)
- CLUSTER KNOWLEDGE BASE, on PostgreSQL database, is the result of the elaboration and enrichment process of data with external sources to the bibliographic catalogue, for each defined entity; typically: clusters of names (authorized and variant forms for Name of Person) and clusters of titles (authorized access points and variant forms for Title of Works)
- LODIFY, RESTFul module that automates the entire process of conversion and publishing datasets in RDF format
- BLAZEGRAPH, Triple Store open source for storing RDF files. It is a graph database based on international standards, written entirely in Java. The platform supports Blueprints specification family and RDF / SPARQL 1.1
- PORTAL SKIN, instance of data publication portal
If you are interested in the LOD Platform and would like to receive additional details, please contact us using the relevant FORM.
We will be pleased to provide all the information requested.